Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oat Bran Muffins

So I wanted to share this recipe with my friends who are health-conscious!  Got it from a member at the Y :)

Oat Bran Muffins
(Makes 24)

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
3 cup oat bran (If you go to a health food store to buy the oat bran and oatmeal it's usually cheaper)
2T brown sugar
1 T baking powder
(Stir the dry ingredients)

2 eggs
2 egg whites
1/3 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil OR
1 cup applesauce (I prefer the applesauce vs. veg oil)
16 oz Pineapple Juice (sometimes I use grapefruit juice!)
1 or 1&1/2 cup milk (I use light vanilla soy milk :)
Add nuts to suit (I never add nuts but I imagine walnuts would taste amazing!)

Grease pans-use oil or spray
Put the oven on 400 degrees for about 21 min (I sometimes need 24 min, depends!)

**Use a large mixing bowl!

These are my favorite healthy snacks!  I freeze half of them until I've finished the other half!

Good fuel for endurance sports...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment